May 5, 2011

The MET Gala

So many events, so little time! On Monday, some lucky people assisted to the annual gala, hosted by Anna Wintour, in the MET. This year, the theme was none other than my beloved Alexander McQueen. This event is my Super Bowl! The best red carpet of the year! How could it not be? Anywhere you can see Tom Brady and Anna dello Russo at the same place, it's a place to be!
I wish I could say something about each and every outfit, but this post would never ever end! So I'll stick to my favorites and my "What was she thinking?!" outfits.
Let's start with François-Henri Pinault in Alexander McQueen, with Mexican Salma Hayek, in Alexander McQueen. She's usually so tacky, but this time, I've got to say, two thumbs up!


Anna Wintour, in Chanel Haute Couture, with her daughter Bee Shaffer, in Balenciaga. I love Anna's Chanel (well, duh, it's Anna AND Chanel!), but Bee... that girl! How do you make a Balenciaga gown look plain and boring? Well, I didn't think it possible but Bee proved me wrong. How, with such a mother, can a person be so un-freakin-glamorous?


Daphne Guinness, faithful McQueen adept, in Alexander McQueen. And wearing my favorite dress of the collection too!


Tom Brady with Gisele Bündchen, in Alexander McQueen. It's ok, I guess. But I don't think she can ever top the Versace she wore to the same event, in 2008.


Naomi Campbell, my fisrt No No of the night, in Alexander McQueen. She looks fat! And that hair... Bangs? Really?


Liv Tyler, Marina Abramović, and Mariacarla Boscono, all wearing dresses of my favorite couture collection of the season: Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci, with the man himself. Oh my god, could Mariacarla look better?


Karl Lagerfeld, in Tom Ford, with his latest muse, Blake Lively, in Chanel Haute Couture. I love-hate her! She looks so good... as per usual! I'm not feeling the shoes, though.


Sarah Jessica Parker in McQueen... Who doesn't remember when, some years ago they walked this very carpet, together, in red tartan matching outfits...


You have to love Hamish Bowles! This is what I call a true McQueen homage.


It truly pains me to say this, but I was very disappointed by Anna dello Russo's McQueen tux. To tell the truth I expected something so much more WOW. Instead, she looked blah. She was just the woman with an egg in her head. No comparison with her Vogue Paris 90th Anniversary surreal Pucci.


Why Leighton? Why?? I always said it, last Louis Vuitton spring collection should have been burnt the second it left the runway... Poor Leighton, the poor victim.


Serena, honey, you missed the date (and the continent), the royal wedding was last week...


Alicia Keys... I just love Givenchy Haute Couture!


Just why? You're on the heavy side? Don't wear, well, this!


Karolina Kurkova fierce and amazing in Gaultier Paris.


Now, that's a gala dress!! Christina Ricci, flawless and glamorous in Zac Posen. Everybody else wear what they wear so that people like her stand out! My winner!



No comments:

Post a Comment