May 1, 2011

THE wedding

As we all know, the most ellegible bachelor on earth got married to pretty Kate Middleton last Friday. This was THE wedding of the decade and, without further ado, here's my take on the royal outfits! So exciting!!
For starters, of course, the beautiful bride. What an exquisite dress! It had to be McQueen! Designed, of course, by Sarah Burton (who is getting quite a lot of attention these days, with the Met gala, and what not). I love it. So simple but spectacular at the same time. It didn't make a big statement, but it was perfect and, for this particular occasion, perfection was preferable to edginess, obviously.


Albert of Monaco and his fincé Charlene Wittstock. She was one of the best dressed. So simple and elegant, Armani Privé. I just didn't love the hat. Too big.


Victoria Beckham wearing her own design and hyper-high Louboutins. Some disaprove the height, but I think it's sort of her style. What I don't like it's the purse. Too big! Otherwise, she looked pretty well!


The bride's mom was one of the best dressed older women, in my opinion. She wss one of the few there who isn't royal or celebrity but she with this Catherine Walker, she out-dressed many veterans!


Victoria of Sweden in a peach Elie Saab. She looked quite well. Not eye-popping, but very appropriate.


Princess Eugenia in Vivianne Westwood, looking a bit like a piñata, and Princess Beatrix, in Valentino couture. This last outfit has been criticized (mainly for the headpiece, of course), but I happen to really like it. It's hard to stand out when you're wearing beige.


Princess Letizia in Varela was somewhat of a disappointment for me, actually. She looked zero glamorous, and that hat made her the perfect understudy for Angelina Jolie in "The Substitute". I expected so much more from her. Too bad.


Hands down, Maxima Zorreguieta wore the best hat: a turban! She dressed impeccably too!


Finally, my personal favorite was Tara Palmer-Tomkinson because, honestly, how many people would get away with a monochromatic look in Kingfisher blue? And she nailed it! The dress is to die for, the globes... everything, I loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment