October 2, 2011

La Paris Fashion Week!

Yes, I know! My blog is more neglected than... see? I don't even have the time to think of something really neglected to compare it to! But I can't resist Paris Fashion Week!! So, even though I'm in the middle of my exams, I feel compelled to, at least, post my favorite looks so far. Here they go.

Let's start with Balmain. Olivier Rousteing, who used to work under Decarnin, until his departure last February, took the reins of the house and delivered this. Well, I have to admit I like it, the hand craft is amazing, the looks are cool... but they're more of the same. It's Decarnin's old formula with a western touch. It's good, but lacks imagination.






I loved the last dresses at Nina Ricci. Don't have much to say about the rest of the collection though.




I really liked Balenciaga! Marked waist, bloated all over, short shorts, and the hat!! That hat is to die for.






Gareth Pugh's impossibly strong woman. I loved it. I can't see myself (or anyone) wearing most of the stuff, but it was a great show.


And, the last of the batch, Mugler. I actually liked a lot of the looks and would like to wear them, but I'm sick and tired of Nicola Formichetti clinging to his friendship with Lady Gaga every season! Get over yourself. The show opened with a short video of Gaga saying "I am a Mugler woman, don't fuck with me (...) we are Paris", and the models walked to a remix of Gaga's Black Jesus. You know I love Gaga, but come on. Enough is enough.



Well, that's it for the day. I hope I can post soon on Paris' finest. I already have my eye on some Lanvin dresses for you! Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment