December 29, 2011

Giambattista Valli granted highest fashion honor

I called it, didn't I? I'm sorry to brag, but I feel as if a pair of shoes I bought was featured in Vogue a month later! I feel my personal taste validated by a higher authority. Why, you may ask? Well, my "new love", Giambattista Valli, turned out to be the Fédération Française de la Couture's new love as well!

Even though his first couture collection, as an guest member, was only last July, la Fédération has already granted him the official status of Couturier (a honor that usually takes "guest members" about five years to get). This is a first! And although it was, of course, done as an strategic commercial move to get some young blood injected into the archaic couture system, it is, nonetheless a highest of honors and, I believe, it was bestowed on a most deserving recipient!




1 comment:

  1. I really love Giambattista dresses!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete