December 28, 2011

Lady Gaga married the night!

This post is long overdue!... I give you my take on Lady Gaga's latest video, the self-directed, self-starred, 14 minute movie, a.k.a. Marry the Night.

I think it's genius, and if you don't get it, like I bet no one does, you can watch the whole explanation here, like I did. It will save you a lot of head scratching!


But now, let's get down to business. Fashion credits! The styling was, of course, by Nicola Formichetti. In his website he gives you the most scrupulous fashion credits. I, on the other hand, will give you the condensed version.

Number one, the hospital robes and nurses' uniforms, all by Calvin Klein. The shoes, just like Gaga says it herself, custom Giuseppe Zanotti.


Number two, all the ballet outfits, which I love, are by Atsuko Kudo.


Number three, the whole denim-glitter number, shoes included, by Atelier Versace.


...Many outfits later, vintage Moschino suit. I adore it!


To top it all, the hat we're all wondering about (ok, the hat I was wondering about), by Void Of Course.


The very last scene, features Lady Gaga in a Paco Rabanne outfit out of a collection that, let's face it, was practically made for her.


And that's that! Hope you like it as much as I did!

PS. The scene with the cheerios, the most decadent thing I've seen Gaga do. And that's saying a lot!
PS2. I loved the scene with the cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment