October 22, 2010

The last on Paris SS 2011

This is, I think, the last post of my picks for the season! I focus on Paris because I really believe that, with few exceptions elsewhere, that's where the magic truly happens.

I really enjoyed Azzedine Alaia's RTW spring summer 2011. There was nothing really innovative there, but the show was so pretty! I specially loved the new, modern twist they gave to a 50s puffy skirt.I loved all these new look-ish silouettes!



While I think Yves Saint Laurent was everything we could expect it to be, to me, it was lacking inspiration. It looked like a revival of classics, and some pieces even looked as if they were only following trends set by other houses.
See the whole collection for yourselves here, but check out these comparisons. The rest of the collection is fairly good, in my opinion. These couple looks, however, were too obvious not to point out.

YSL SS 2011 vs. Balenciaga FW 2009

YSL SS 2011 vs. Chanel FW 2010


Finally, I realize this is one season too late, but I just have to post about Givenchy Haute Couture Fall Winter 2010. One of the most bueautiful collections I've seen lately. Definatly the best of the season. It was sheer beauty! See for yourselves!





Photos out of nowfashion.com and style.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment