January 16, 2011

Golden Globes: The good, the bad and the... questionable

I'm watching the Golden Globes red carpet. I couldn't resist to post a bit of fashion police! I'll start by saying that this is not my favorite red carpet. I saw little imagination and less risk taking. With few exceptions, I'd call it boring. Let's start with Natalie Portman wearing Viktor & Rolf. I feel bad saying this about her, I like her so much, but that red rose? I mean, there are ways to do statements and that is not one of them. A risk taker that got it right? Tilda Swinton.


An honorific mention in the risk department goes to Julianne Moore. That Lanvin was gorgeous, but the color? She was on a RED carpet, with her RED hair, in a hot pink dress? I don't think so. January Jones in Versace, a bit racy, but perfectly worn risk. And I don't love red, but I'll take it.


My worst dressed are, without a doubt, Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad. You are not going to a [tacky] wedding darling. And, of course, Michelle Williams in Valentino. Just, seriously?... What was she thinking??


Now, the pretty. Catherine Zetha-Jones in Monique Lhuillier, in one of the most popular colors of the night, which, incidentally, becomes her greatly. And, even though I don't personally like her a lot, Anne Hathaway pulls off that Armani Privé. She was dressed by Rachel Zoe by the way.


And finally, the big winner of the night. There's no denying it. Angenlina Jolie can do no wrong! She looks as effortlessly beautiful as ever in this green Versace (designer winner of the night, in my opinion) and, what better accessory than Brad Pitt? The picture of perfection.



Thanks to TMZ for all the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment